D4 Wood Adhesive is a solvent free industrial grade D4 wood adhesive based on the latest hybrid resin technology. The result of several years work, D4 Wood Adhesive provides the user with a waterproof D4 grade wood adhesive with none of the safety issues associated with conventional isocyanate containing (polyurethane) D4 grades.
D4 Wood Adhesive can be used internally and externally and gives a high strength, water, impact and temperature resistant bond that is usually stronger than the wood itself. Ideal for all general woodworking and joinery uses, assembly line work, RF/HF cure systems, wood on wood laminating, furniture assembly and household DIY use.
Dries clear. Easy water cleanup.
Conforms to the international standards EN 204 (D4) and WATT 91. Independent test certification is available on request.
· Excellent rate of bond strength development.
· D4 water resistance, suitable for constant water immersion.
· Interior/exterior use.
· Low timber staining characteristics - will not stain.
· Water based - environmentally friendly/easy clean up.
· Suitable for radio frequency cure.
|080207||D4 Premium Wood Adhesive 1 Litre||12|
Areas For Use
· As a general woodworking/joinery adhesive.
· General assembly line work.
· RF/HF cure systems, wood on wood laminating, furniture assembly and household DIY use.
· Ensure wood doesn’t contain excessive moisture (<15%)
· Not suitable for load bearing applications, use Everbuild 502 Wood Adhesive.
· Do not use at temperatures below 10oC.
· Note: drying time is extended at low temperatures.
· Clean excess adhesive off glue line after clamping before adhesive dries with a damp cloth..
· Sand off any excess adhesive before staining the wood.
· Ensure sufficient clamping pressure, especially important with radio frequency bonding.
· Use on Laminates: Only suitable for bonding small porous laminate strips. Do not use on non-porous or large areas of laminate. Use CONTACT ADHESIVE.
· Because of the varied nature of wood components, e.g. area of growth, type of pre-treatment etc, unpredictable discolouration may occur on different types of wood such as cherry, beech and others. In certain oaks, iron and tannin can also give this effect. We recommend you test compatibility before carrying out large scale manufacture.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease.
Apply adhesive thinly to both surfaces. Do not over apply as this will slow down cure. Clamp surfaces together until adhesive dries. (off in 1-2 hours: full strength 8 hours). Support until fully cured (8 hours at 20°C).
When fitting dowels, the adhesive should be applied to the holes.
· Suitable for radio frequency curing.
Total Solids (%)
40 – 48%
Viscosity @ 23°C
Brookfield RTV 5/20
80 – 200
10000 - 20000
2.5 – 3.5
Minimum Film Forming Temperature (°C)
High Temperature Stability (1 week @ 50°C)
Health & Safety
Consult MSDS for full list of hazards.
To ensure safe storage of product, containers should be well sealed to prevent evaporation of water and the formation of skin on the surface. The emulsion must be stored at a temperature above freezing. A temperature of 5-25°C for not more than six months is recommended. Higher temperatures will affect quality and cause the formation of crusts and skins, especially if the containers are not tightly closed or subjected to direct sunlight for long periods.
If these conditions cannot be met, please refer to our Technical Service Department who will advise on storage stability.
6 months from date of manufacture in original unopened containers.
|D4 Wood Adhesive.doc|
|D4 wood adhesive rev3.pdf|